Saturday 5 October 2013

The start

Well, this is just an initial experiment and my first time blogging. Having been an amateur mixologist for 30 years now, my friends suggested I share my accumulated experience with the world and try to post a new cocktail each weekend for others to recreate and enjoy.

So lets have a go and see if this is of interest to anyone out there.

I will play around with the blog and the site to get a feel for it before actually posting a recipe.

NB, for those who like all the frills and decorations, this one isn't for you. I'm from the old American school of cocktails - they should be short, cold and strong to put fire in the belly to kick-start the evening.

I should mention that nearly all the recipes will use alcohol created by myself. in the rare cases using beer and wines, it will be from the wonderful Wineworks range of home brew kits from their extensive Lovebrewing shop in Liverpool (http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/).

For the spirits, its is the StillSpirits (http://stillspirits.com/|) range of flavouring used to transform supermarket vodka into a quality spirit that would cost you at least £35 for a 70 cl bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment