Friday 11 October 2013

Cocktail No 2 Red Shadow

Late home after driving most of the day called for an whisky based cocktail to start the night.

Red Shadow is a sweet & sour mix. First impressions is of overwhelming sweetness and powerful cherry - better palates than mine may be able to detect the blend of apricot and cherry, but I can't. Then the lemon juice kicks in to lift it and give it bite. The whisky was masked as a separate flavour but definitely there in the body of the drink.

Overall, a little sweet for me, but then I am more a sour than sweet tooth. I think it will appeal very much to those who prefer sweetness with a bit of bite. Ensuring it is very chilled will also help.

Put 3-4 ice cubes in cocktail shaker.

Add 1 measure Whisky, 1/2 measure Apricot Brandy and 1/2 measure Cherry Brandy with 1 teaspoon lemon juice (personally I would increase this).

Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Drink whilst still chilled.

Enjoy.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment