Saturday 16 May 2020

Cocktail No 87 Martini Sweet

I was dreaing this one, but is far better than I was expecting. Yes it is sweet, which I normally dislike, but rich herbal complexity of the rosso vermouth compensates and give a real deepness to the flavour. I also was quite light in the amount, so pehaps less sweet than the recipe calls for. I went for grenadine instead of sugar syrup which also added to the flavour.

Lovely colour

A dry Martini will win out every time, but I am glad I tried this.

Recipe

2-3 ice cubes
40 ml Birkdale gin
15 ml Rosso Vermouth
1 teaspoon sugar syrup or genadine.
1 Cocktail cherry

Put ice in a mixing glass with gin, vermouth and sugar syrup or grenadine. Stir until icy cold and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with the cherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment