Sunday 19 April 2020

Cocktail No 80 Hawaii Kiss

I was looking forward to this one, but an sadly disapointed. The concept sounds fabulous and tropical, but it doesn't live upto the idea. Generally I am not a fan of gin and prosecco and this one confirms it.

I used a dry prosecco. The drink is too dry and the pineapple juice without sweetner lacks the delicious taste we associate with it. Its actually quite bitter. Perhaps with some sugar syrup or a sweeter wine would work, but I am not getting that tropical pineapple taste I was hoping for.

Still I get to make pineapple icecream with the residue.

Recipe

1 pineapple
25 ml Birkdale gin
2 ice cubes
Sparkling wine

Scoop out flesh from the pineapple and press juice out of it, use a juicer, or blend the flesh and pass through a strainer. Return juice to hollowed out shell. Add gin and ice and top up with sparkling wine. Serve with straws and share if you are able.


No comments:

Post a Comment