Saturday 29 July 2017

Cocktail No 72 Green Fizz

So after making the Gin Oyster I had an egg white going spare. What to do? Make some tiny meringues or another gin cocktail - you can guess which one won the contest.

As with other fizz's the shaking of the egg white creates a froth or crema that float to the top of the dring. The gin is hidden by the mint and the tang of lemon juice. The sugar made it a little sweet for my taste and if I was to remake it I would be heavier on the lemon and lighter on th sugar, but that is just personal taste.

I am becoming a real fan of soda water. When younger I disliked it for the slight bicarbonate taste and the fact it didn't really add much of anything else - to be fair that was with whisky & soda and I'm still not a fan of that, but in this drink it provides the bubbles and lets all the other flavours come through without distortion.

And don't forget to drink the crema at the end of the drink - like drinking liquid minty meringues.

A great cooler for a summer's day, but I still think the Green Hat has the edge on this one.

Recipe

4-5 ice cubes
1 egg white
2 teaspoons sugar syrup
1 measure lemon juice
2 measure Birkdale Gin
1 teaspoon green Crême de Menthe
Soda water

Crack ice and add to shaker with egg white, sugar syrup, lemon juice,
Birkdale Gin, and crême de menthe. Shake very well and strain into a tall glass. Top up with soda water and serve with a straw.



No comments:

Post a Comment